Sunday 3 April 2011

Tikim3: A fieldtrip at Best Food Forward Food Bazaar at NBC Tent

I have been seeing a lot of the Best Food Forward Advertisements in Lifestyle Channel; so me and Evan decided to check out what this food bazaar will offer.


The bazaar offered less than i thought it would. The last time I went to NBC tent, the place was like a maze of sellers but last April 2, there were less sellers especially on the right most of the tent. Even though there's a shortage of variety of food sellers; there are 3 things/factors that salvages the event from being "bugged". 1. They offer various activities at P50 targeted for the kids like bangle designing, face make-up, air play plen, and etc. Activities like these can let parents roam around the bazaar while their kids have fun as well...win win situation! :) 2.There is a free photo booth picture that comes with your P50 entrance ticket, this makes a nice souvenir! :) 3. Lastly, they have a  ventilated "picnic" or outside area for food concessionaires.There were also busboys that clean up the picnic tables after use so it's a plus points!

Here are my top finds:

Liqueur Bonbons by Joana
website: http://www.facebook.com/liqueurbonbons?sk=info
email: liquerbonbons@gmail.com
My first thoughts upon seeing her stall..."oohh this looks very interesting. Haven't eaten bonbons yet..wait what are bonbons?" Even if i didn't know what bonbons were i the 'liqueur' part got me to buy some, P190 for 6 pieces! haha!:)
I only searched what bonbons were after eating- according to freedictionary.com, bonbons are "a candy that has usually a center of fondant, fruits, or nuts, that is coated in chocolate"

 A variety of bonbons..very tempting

 Absolut Vodka Black Forest

These are my choice bonbons..I personally like the minty bonbons

Mochiko
website: http://www.facebook.com/mochikomochi?sk=wall&filter=12
branch: Cliffhouse Tagaytay


I noticed that mochi is getting popular! It now reached Tagaytay, this will be another food stop when I visit the area :) Mochis are nice to eat they are tender to bite and sweet in the inside. The rice glutinous, the outer layer of the mochi, is my favorite part because it gives a balance when eating it with ice cream. Mochi are somehow like bonbons except that it is covered or coated with rice glutinous rather than chocolate.

A variety of Japanese and Fruity flavors to choose from

Eat My GF
website: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=187010068514&v=info
where to find them: food bazaars


For Potato and french fries lovers, Eat My Garlic Fries is an adventure! You'll need to like garlic before and after eating the fries 'coz all their flavors are garlic related! Their potatoes are cooked well --- not soggy and are prepared hot! :) I liked it that I ordered 2!

Virgin Chips: A garlic-ky take on mojo's style cut potato 

Pinoy Garlic Fries: French Fries with button mushrooms are fried garlic

3 comments:

  1. Mochiko's Red Bean mochi for the win :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried Black Sesame bec that's what the mochi salesman recommended :) was not disappointed, yummy!!! only wish it were cheaper kase 70p per piece is expensive. Food fair was so fun! P&B Co. also had good sandwiches :D

    I didn't see the Garlic Fries, sayang!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi Katrina!
    the Garlic Fries is located outside the NBC tent, its somewhere near the grilling area =p we can try them in mercato..hmm next friday night? :)

    ReplyDelete