Saturday 7 July 2012

Tikim42: Be Bewitched at Gayuma ni Maria (Maginhawa Street, Quezon City)


This is a long over-due post. Ate here last year with friends for a mini reunion. I rarely go to Maginhawa street because I don't pass by the area but the travel time from my house to Maginhawa Street isn't far afterall. One can go to Maginhawa street either through Quezon City Circle->Maharlika->Masaya-> Maginhawa if coming from North, Edsa->Kamuning->Kamias->Annonas->V.Luna->Maginhawa if coming from the South. 
Gayuma ni Maria at Night
Halloween decors greeted me
My last visit to Gayuma ni Maria was October last year so in the parking area, we were greeted by a "floating" ghost; the ambiance was a bit spooky which by the ways fits the name of the restaurant (Gayuma meaning Bewitched/Charmed). Since Gayuma ni Maria is a concept restaurant, the best times to dine here is during Valentines Day and Halloween. I guess the owners really made the place look a bit mix-matched messy just like how they imagined a witching house would look like :) With all the spontaneity of the placement of decors,you'll feel right at home in Gayuma ni Maria. 
Mon-Sat 10am-12am, Sun-10am-10pm
Indoor Dining
Write your wishes/desires here
Outdoor dining for bigger groups
Room upstairs
Oh! You can rent a room upstairs (2nd floor) if you want to have a private celebration. There are also costumes which you can borrow or inquire about for your private function! From all the decors and gimmicks of the restaurant, my friends and I got hungry. The menu is really enjoyable to read through...the owners were really committed to stick with their concept of "Gayuma"/Bewitched or charmed. We ordered the following for sharing:
Lumpiang Barako P115.00
For the appetizer/attraction (teasers to whet the appetite) Lumpiang Barako is my bet.  I love spicy food so this is something for me. These cheesesticks are wrapped around a green chili pepper, so it's really hot, not for the faint of heart
Blushing Mermaid P325.00
Pan-fried pink salmon accompanied by signature mashed potato. Wasn't fan of the fish but my friends liked it.
Afternoon Delight P195
This is phased out in the current menu but I was lucky enough to try this out! This is their version of Pesto; cooked with tomatoes (didn't taste any tomatoes though :( ) and fresh basil sauteed in garlic olive oil topped with pepper flakes.
Please be Careful with my Heart P240.00
The name of the chicken reminds me of Sarah Geronimo' & Christian Baustista's version of "Please be Careful with my Heart." Anyway, why name a chicken like that? Maybe because it's a twice baked chicken in olive oil and garlic, a perfect cure for the heart that needs a little TLC. It takes time to prepare though but this is my fave dish amongst everything that the group ordered. It comes with a baked garlic (whole thing) that you can mix with your rice! It's so yummy but be sure to bring some mint candy so you won't have bad breath afterwards LOL.
Once you go Black, You Never Go Back P225
This dished surprised me because it didn't look appetizing but gosh tastes so good! Wasn't expecting that chocolate and fish goes well together. So what is this? It is a cocoa crusted cream Dory with chocolate sauce.

My verdict? Gayuma ni Maria is a fun restaurant, one should be open in trying out new things:) If you're up to trying out new things then why not :)

Taste: 3/5
Quality: 3/5
Ambiance: 3.5/5


Gayuma ni Maria
Address: 123 V.Luna Extension (Maginhawa Street),
               Sikatuna Village, Quezon City
Contact: 441-4872
Website: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Gayuma-Ni-Maria/148108488537188

2 comments:

  1. love their BTS cake in the old branch somewhere in Ateneo!! i wish I can try this again

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! let me know if you post anything new about Gayuma ni Maria! :) It's been a while since I last ate there:)

      Delete