Monday 13 February 2012

Tikim30: My Favorites in Cafe Breton (Tomas Morato, Quezon City)

I have been to Cafe Breton quite a few times after dinner just to eat dinner and I usually order their La Pinay or Fantastic Pinay mango crepe. Mango is sweet and good, crepe texture is just right, perfect combination with chocolate, nutulla, whipcream/vanilla ice cream.


The bright yellow sign of Cafe Breton
Inside the Cafe
My biggest mistake is associating Cafe Breton with just crepe for desserts. I have never ordered their hot crepes until a few weeks ago when I tummy grumbled on a late night. I ordered a Gallette Rustique which is a combination of smoked bacon [it looks like ham when it arrived], tomato provencale, mozzarella, and egg. What I like about this dish are how the tomatoes were soft and steamed; these tomatoes converted me to like them! Aside from the previous dish, Evan ordered a Gallette Paysanne, a combination of onions, egg, asparagus, Hungarian sausage slice, and cheese sauce. Again, the vegetables were steamed, a healthier way of eating it plus and it tasted great with the cheese sauce! I would gladly recommend both hot crepes for dinner! :)


Gallette Rustique (P182.50): My fave hot crepe
Gallette Paysanne (P273.50): Sauce is good!

For this visit, I decided to g for Fantastic Pinay. It is just like La Pinay, except that La Pinay doesn't have nutella and is topped with vanilla ice cream instead of whipped cream. Note that La Pinay is also cheaper than Fantastic Pinay! 
Fantastic Pinay (P205.95): Mango Crepe with nutella, chocolate sauce, and whipcream
For my recommendation, I wish they had special gourmet crepes for special occasions or have a "flavor of the month" dessert crepe to introduce new flavors. Better yet, why not have a special crepe for certain branches; for example the Cafe Breton in Tagaytay may offer something a dessert crepe associated to Tagaytay flavors. Other than coming up with something new from time to time, Cafe Breton remains to be my favorite go to place when I am craving for crepes. :)

Taste: 4.5/5
Quality: 4/5
Ambiance: 4/5


Cafe Breton
Tomas Morato corner Sct. De Guia,
Quezon City, Metro Manila
Telephone: 374-6334

No comments:

Post a Comment