Monday 27 February 2012

Tikim32: Like Honeymoon's in HK 88 Dessert? (Divisoria,Manila)

On my recent trip to the Bronx (Divisoria-Tutuban area) to buy for my school projects, I was able to buy 2 F's: Fabrics for sewing class and Food for my tummy! The new 999 mall was a perfect location to park because it sits between Tutuban Prime Block and the Tabora/Ylyla Streets, where I go to buy my fashion supplies. The new mall also has a small fastfood area (note: still clean up to today) in its top floor where it is convenient to buy food after a tiring day of shopping. What caught my eye was the HK 88 Dessert sign where it reminded me of my usual hang-out dessert place in Hong Kong, Honeymoon Dessert.
HK 88 Dessert in 999 mall
As I went for it, I saw that they were selling desserts just like in Honeymoon's! I got excited and ordered Mango Pancake for P90.00, thinking this would taste similar to Hong Kong's Honeymoon.
Mango Pancake (P90)
The pancake or the wrap was soft like Honeymoon's and icing even tasted the same. What was disappointing was the filling! As you can see in the photo below, 95% of the pancake consists of the icing which made the pancake too sweet to eat. I really wished they put more mango into it even if the P90 mango pancake would only consists of 2 pieces instead of 3 pancakes filled with icing. I hope that they would improve the filling because I like this dessert.
Slicing it in half: All I see is ICING!
Below is the Mango filled pancake of Honeymoon. I forgot how much it costs for 2 pieces but all I can remember is that the icing did not overpower the sweetness and it was worth it! :)
Honeymoon Dessert's Mango Pancake
Despite their boo-boo with this particular Mango pancake, I think I will still give them a chance and try once more HK 88 Dessert.

Taste: 2/5
Quality: 2/5
Ambiance: I ordered my dessert as a take-out for this would be not applicable.


HK 88 Dessert
3rd Floor, 999 Shopping Mall,
Soler Street, Binondo Manila.
Telephone: 881-6258


*Credits to adoboart for the HK88 Dessert Photo http://adoboart.com/2012/01/19/hk-88-desserts/

No comments:

Post a Comment