Friday 24 February 2012

Tikim31: Comfort food+Sweet tooth=Naci (Greenhills, San Juan)


If you have passing by Conneticut street, you might notice the newest restaurant in the area.  Naci opened its doors last ---, and it been blogged and published already! One late night, I decided to have a 10 pm dinner due to a heavy lunch. Evan and I drove around Greenhills area and found out that the restaurants are in their last order/some even closing up! I saw the big sign of Naci and asked the guard if it's open,.. yes it is! They are usually open until past midnight until 1:00-2:00am during Monday-Saturday! Plus points for those who want to unwind from work and for those who like to eat midnight snacks! :)
Naci Comfort Food & Dessert Bar
Inside
On the table... 
Shrimps on Toast (P190)
For appetizer, I ordered Shrimps on Toast, minced white shrimp with chopped pork and veggies served with tomato salsa cheese sauce and spicy tomato dip. An okay dish but I honestly find that the dish lacks meat (shrimp and pork). A shout out to the salsa dip, it's good!
Trio of Potato (P180)
A sampler of potato fries, wedges, chips with cheesy Mexican beef and tomato catsup. A very sinful plate --- all kinds of deep fried potato! This one definitely needs more cheese, mayo, and ground beef to achieve a nacho feel.
Nadine's Adobo Cannelloni (P280)
Classic flakes adobo rolled in a pasta topped with bechamel laced with adobo sauce in mozzarella. This was my first time to eat cannelloni and I like it! The adobo sauce and generously filled mozzarella is a great match! Just wished that it was served with more bread
3pcs Grilled Prawns with Tangy Semisweet Garlic Glaze (P290)
This reminds me of my mom's cooking. It tastes the same but my mom cooks the prawns half-shelled and with more cheese and garlic on top! My take with this dish... I find the prawns bland  but when dipped in sauce it tasted better. 
Cookies to taste
Lastly, for those who have a sweet tooth, the restaurant generously offers cookie bits of different flavors for appetizer/dessert. It works for Naci because they are reinforcing their "dessert bar" title, and who knows a bite of those of cookies may lure a customer to order cakes, cupcakes, and cookie bags! Naci also has a selection of cupcakes which range from red velvet to chocolate lava. I bought a greentea 
cupcake from Naci for my best friend and she liked it! 
The dessert bar will greet you at the entrance
These look so cute!
Oh they also have special events like a ballroom day on Thursdays. I haven't been to this event yet but do let me know if it is fun! 
Retro Thursday in Naci

Taste: 3/5
Quality: 2.5/5
Ambiance: 3/5

Naci Comfort Food & Dessert Bar
2/F, Fox Square Building, 53 Connecticut Street,
Greenhills, San Juan, Metro Manila
Telephone: 726-7266

No comments:

Post a Comment