Tuesday 28 August 2012

Tikim53: The Art of Bulgogi at Sariwon (Superbloc, Fort)

There's a new mall in the area and the shopping girl in me wants to check it out...and so I did. If you are into high-end brands and luxury watches go to Superbloc! After roaming in the soon-to-be completed mall, I craved for Korean food and so I had my dinner in Sariwon.

One thing you should take note, even on a weekday night, go early to Sariwon because food here is cooked in front of you! I had to wait around 30-40 minutes to be seated inside. 
Sariwon Korean Barbeque
Check out Sariwon's Menu I liked it there's a background/story behind the restaurant; it's concise and it had pictures to showcase their specialty.
Origin of Sariwon
Menu
After ordering, appetizers were served. There were about 8 varieties of veggies that can tickle your tastebuds...some were spicy, sweet, and salty. You can  ask for a refill if you want more! My 2 favorites appetizers were the roasted anchovies and the sweet pumpkin and potato.
Appetizers
Roasted anchioves
A must-order for me is the Dolsot Bibimbap! I super love this because rice is served in piping hot stone!
Dolsot Bibimbap P380
Yummy and hot!
Ggot Galbisal, boneless USDA choice ribs (130g) freshly grilled at the table . The meat is tender and tastes great with the sauce. I will definitely recommend this!
Ggot Galbisal P595
Ggot Galbisal P595

Of course, I wouldn't miss Sariwon's specialty...Bulgogi. Ordered a Deungsim Yangnyeom bulgogi from their selection. It' honey marinated slices of USDA choice beef (150g) grilled at the table. It is served with freshly made sweet potato noodles. In fairness, this was my first time to eat Bulgogi in this kind of cooking. Before Sariwon, I did not know about Bulgogi being served with soup and noodles. The soup is a special mixture blended with red wine and boiled over high heat, taking over 3 hours to create. Taste is slightly sweet, tangy, and flavorful! It is a truly Bulgogi experience!
Deungsim yangnyeom bulgogi P495 
Up close when cooked
After the food service, there was a complimentary drink that I initially thought of as a cold tea. To my mistake, I drank it and tasted sweet; checked the menu and realized its a dessert drink. Sikhye is a nutritious and refreshing traditional drink made from malt and rice. I ended up, liking the drink!
Sikhye P60
Don't forget to come to Sariwon earlier than dinner time so you won't have to wait :) But then again, if you are craving for Korean BBQ, Sariwon is the only one in the Fort Area!

Taste: 4/5
Quality: 4/5
Ambiance and Service: 3/5 

Sariwon
Address: East Block, Bonifacio High Street Central,
               7th Avenue corner 29th Street, Taguig City
Telephone: 02-6213205
Website: www.facebook.com/SariwonPhilippines

No comments:

Post a Comment