Monday 26 November 2012

Tikim 61:Tim Ho Wan, Best Bbq Pork Buns (Central, Hong Kong)

I was lucky that I got good friends from Hong Kong, they take me to dinner whenever I visit them and vice versa when they are here in Manila. On my recent Hong Kong trip, I asked my friend if we could eat at a local dimsum place because I haven't eaten dimsum (yam cha) since I arrive in Hong Kong. Super happy that she brought me to Tim Ho Wan! 
Tin Ho Ma, Central Branch 
You know the saying "It's worth the wait?" Expect a line when you arrive at the restaurant because a lot of locals and foreigners really flock to Tim Ho Wan to eat some dimsum. 
Best Bbq Pork Buns I've tasted so Far!
I am not a fan of pork buns but this changed my opinion! This pork bun is also the reason why my friend brought me to this restaurant; the pork bun gained the restaurant 1 Michelin star and it's the only Chinese restaurant to have a Michelin star. This is a must order! I even took home some pork buns before flying back to Manila.
Spring Roll
Their spring roll is not the usual ones you eat at Chinese restaurants here in Manila. Their spring roll is made from sautéed vegetables which I like and it's the healthier option.
Turnip Cake 
They cook their turnip cake (known as raddish cake in Philippines) traditionally.
Shrimp Rice Roll 
You add light soy sauce or Worcester sauce to your liking.
Beancurd with meat inside
The only thing I didn't like was the beancurd with meat inside just because Im not a tofu fan :)

When you are passing by Hong Kong make sure you get some of Tin Ho Ma's barbecue pork buns! Just thinking about it makes me hungry! Tim Ho Wan is definitely a must stop for meals!

Taste: 4.5/5
Quality: 4/5
Ambiance: 3/5

Tim Ho Wan
Address: Shop 12A, Hong Kong Station (Podium Level 1), IFC Mall, Central, Hong Kong
Contact: 852-23323078

No comments:

Post a Comment