Thursday 15 March 2012

Tikim36: Cookbook Kitchen Love (L.Mencias, Mandaluyong City)

When I think about Cookbook Kitchen, the things that come into my mind are: home cooked meals, comfort food, Gambas,  and their Adobo Pasta. Already ate at Cookbook Kitchen (main branch) quite a few times and the dining experience was superb! The server engages in small talk; he even remembered me and asked how I was in my second visit.
Alfresco dining
Cozy inside
My latest dining experience became even better because the restaurant is pet friendly! I ate my lunch beside Sophie, and was so happy that my dog seems comfortable in the restaurant (not noisy, not uneasy, and her tail was wagging).
Sophie likes it here!
On our table:
Garlic Shrimps P165
I ordered my favorite dish in Cookbook Kitchen - Garlic shrimps are shrimps sautéed in chili and garlic. It is like just like Gambas, with less ketchup in it. I really like this dish, it is actually an appetizer but I like it with rice.
Ilocos Pasta P250
The salt and pepper vinegar
A best seller according to the server. The Ilocos pasta (P250) is a vigan longanisa pasta topped with spinach and served with salt and pepper vinegar. What makes this pasta different is that the longanisa is home made! Tastes perfect with the salt pepper vinegar when mixed.
Pasta Al Adobo P280
A Filipino favorite and another favorite of mine! If I have to choose between Ilocos pasta and pasta al adobo; I'll choose the latter.
Pam Fried Chicken Breast Fillet w/ Lemon Cheese Sauce P260
Chef gen's treat. It's like a roasted-fried chicken according to Evan. For me, it needs more lemon cheese sauce.
Chicken Zucchini P350
Chicken fillet in creamy  white wine sauce with zucchini  bacon bits. Not a fan of this one; more bacon bits please.
Beef Salpicao P280
This is pan fried tenderloin  beef strips reminded me of A1 sauce. At first the meat served was veiny and hard to eat. I had it changed and the meat became more tender 


Taste: 3.5/5
Quality: 3.5/5
Ambiance: 4/5


Cookbook Kitchen
8 Socorro Fernandez Street,
Mandaluyong City
Telephone: 724-3595/381-5935
Website: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Cookbook-Kitchen/84763924654?sk=info
              :  http://cookbookkitchen.multiply.com

No comments:

Post a Comment