Sunday 30 December 2012

Tikim 68: Maria's Ilocos Empanada (Fairview, Quezon City)

Have you ever tried eating Empanada? or at least tasted Ilocos Longganisa? An empanada is a stuffed bread or pastry, baked or fried. I have tried different kinds of it, but Maria's Ilocos Empanada gave me a different view of their one of a kind empanada.


A lot of my friends told me to go visit their place and try one of their empanadas for a change.



I ordered one of their best sellers The Double Longganisa with single egg (P80) since it is really recommended by many.

 


besides its famous empanadas, the place also sells Ilocos delicacies and items!



AND HERE IT IS! I was really surprised to see this BIG empanada served in front of me! it was really not what i was expecting since I have only tried a few empanadas in my entire life and they were the cute and tiny ones, just for snack time. Although this one's different since the coating was unusual, crunchy and tasted much better than bread or the typical coating of an empanada.


The inside part was filled with delicious Ilocos Longganisa and the egg made it taste even much better! 


Every bite was definitely worth it and now i know why this is highly recommended by many. 


If you're an empanada lover and would like to taste something different that the usual empanada, Maria's Ilocos Empanada will be a sure satisfaction for you guys! 


Quality: 3/5
Taste: 3.5/5
Ambiance: 2/5

Maria's Ilocos Empanada
Address: 41 Regalado Street, Fairview, Quezon City, Philippines
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/mariasilocosempanada

No comments:

Post a Comment