Friday 28 December 2012

Tikim67: Don't miss the Local Streetfood in Hong Kong

When you are already in Hong Kong, don't forget to snack on some authentic local street food! You can just find them anyway but I ate mine in 2-3 stalls in Causeway Bay. Here is my list of what streetfood to eat!

1.Siumai, these are fish dumplings and they cost HKD12.00 for about a dozen. If you are a spice fan then go for the spicy sauce, I have to drink yakult after because it's too spicy for me but I like it! 
Siumai
That's the spicy sauce
2. Hong Kong egg pancakes are round that looks like a flat beehive. It has a crunchy skin and soft bread when you bite on to it. I didn't know that they now offer chocolate and mocha flavored pancakes! I got the half chocolate-original. This snack costs HKD12.00.
check out the various flavors
Best eaten when warm
3. I also tried the their version of a waffle. I like it because they put some peanut butter filling and some sort of syrup that makes the waffle tastes crunchy and sweet! I bet peanut butter sandwich fans will love eating this! Also, this snack costs HKD12.00
Sorry no other picture of the waffle I was too eager to eat it
4. Lastly, I tried their Takoyaki for the first time. Their octopus balls were big  and the sauce and seaweed were generous! Again, only HKD12.00!
Takoyaki Balls!

1 comment: