Thursday 6 December 2012

Tikim 64:Back to back with Toribox and Eat My GF (Little Baguio, San Juan)

I feel like celebrating today because my internship hours is finished and I can finally process my diploma! For this occasion, I ate 2 things that I really like: Katsu and Potatoes! If you know where Serenitea in Greenhills area is, you'll notice that the street has been offering more hole-in-the-wall choices than before! One of the newest addition is Toribox Cafe!
Toribox Cafe
Toribox cafe has really nice interiors and it gives some sort of Japanese vibe with its comfortable seating and wall decors. This is actually a good date place because its quaint and "hidden"! You'll have a chance to have a great talk over katsu and coffee!
Comfortable seating
Wall furnishing
They have a nice menu where it has pictures for easier ordering! I immediately ordered their frozen ice-tea 'coz I was so thirsty when I got there. Oh! I can't help but feature their condiments organizer...I really like the garden feel of it! I hope they put on a katsu sauce bottle in there and Japanese chili powder so it would complete the idea of a Japanese Katsu cafe.
Their menu
Frozen brewed Iced tea P65.00
Toribox's condiment organizer
For the main course, I ended up ordering a cheese chicken katsu! Katsu sauce is served on the side and I suggest you try eating it with the sauce! The dish is okay, just need more cheese to it or even better have some actual cheese sauce because this is just a fried chicken fillet with Quickmelt on top of it.
Cheese chicken Katsu P195.00
Up close
My date, Evan, got a Mapo Katsu! It has spicy tofu (tokwa) with minced pork. Reminds me of curry! Evan, a tofu lover noticed that their tofu isn't soft like the white ones in Miso soups. I suggest they use the Japanese tofu not tokwa to again be authentic in their Japanese cuisine.
Mapo Katsu chicken P195.00
After dinner, I was craving for some french fries and what a great way to end the night than eat garlic fries! hahaha Just need to eat a strong mint to remove garlic breath! (LoL). Walk a few steps from Toribox, and you'll see Eat my GF!
Eat my GF!
The theme inside the restaurant is very sporty with orange dominating the furniture color. I think it'll be a nice hang-out place for guys!
Baseball sporty feel
Choose from their burgers to hotdogs to their various take on garlic fries! I always order a large virgin chips for P195.00 when I pass by the area, unfortunately I was very excited to eat the chips that I forgot to take a picture! Well, it's for you to find out!
Menu
The celebration night was a success! I get happy when I eat my favorites :) If you are a kastu fan, head over to Toribox! You'll be carried away with their nice ambiance that's friendly to the wallet; a suggested date place for me!  And for french fries lovers, I am happy to give a shout out to Eat my GF!

Toribox
Quality: 3.5/5
Taste: 3.5/5
Ambiance: 5/5

Eat my GF

Quality: 3.5/5
Taste: 3.5/5
Ambiance: 3.5/5


Tori box  and Eat my GF
403 F.Calderob St; Corner J.Abad St; little Baguio San Juan

No comments:

Post a Comment